- Overbite: Your upper teeth are more prominent than the lower teeth and hang over significantly.
- Underbite: Opposite to the overbite, the lower teeth can extend past your upper teeth.
- Gapped teeth: Extra unwanted space between your teeth, sometimes caused by a missing tooth.
- Overcrowding: This can occur at a very early age, when your teeth do not erupt correctly from your gums.
- Malocclusion: This is a term used when your teeth are out of line, causing your jaw to have difficulties closing.
- Crossbite: When one or more of your teeth are too close to either side of the cheek or tongue causing discomfort.
Your dental impression is simply a copy of your teeth. This is done by a molding that is placed in a mouth guard, which is then placed in your mouth to create a perfect replica of your upper and lower teeth. Once hardened, the mouth guard is used to create your custom Invisalign aligners.
You will receive a pair of clear, removable aligners which will gradually move and straighten your teeth to the desired positions. No wires or brackets will be used and most people won’t even be able to tell that you have your Invisalign covering your teeth.
Invisalign treatment can start as soon as a person has all of their adult teeth. There are a variety of methods that our clinic can use for early treatment as well. Including growing appliances that can comfortably and effectively be used to correct the jawline before starting to use custom made Invisalign aligners.
While braces get the job done, Invisalign can do the same job with far more comfortability, allowing the user to be more confident in the process. The biggest difference between the two methods is that braces are attached to each tooth individually and can only be adjusted or changed by orthodontic professionals. Comparably Invisalign is a relatively simple alternative. They can be taken out, changed, washed and exchanged by the user. You can take them out or leave them in while you eat and most importantly, the wearer can attend to their daily dental hygiene more proficiently.
These aligner trays are made of smooth, comfortable and virtually invisible plastic material that you wear over your teeth. Depending on which teeth need to be moved, your dentist will provide you with a series of aligners. You will wear each set of aligners for approximately 2 weeks until your treatment is complete.
If you have been told you might not be a candidate for Invisalign, please call the Central Dental clinic. We have successfully treated a wide variety of patients and are prepared to handle any situation. Wearing the aligners will gradually and gently move your teeth into place, based on the exact movements your dentist plans for you. There are no metal brackets to attach and no wires to tighten.
Call us today to get your treatment started (780) 900-3067